The Missions Ministry of Olive Baptist Church seeks to empower God’s people to be on mission in Northwest Florida, the United States, and around the World. Olive Missions does this through the 4 Core Values:
1) Evangelism and Discipleship
2) Planting and Connecting Churches
3) Sustainable Models
4) Teach ability for both Olive and our partners. As believers we are called to be on mission in our communities of daily life.
Acts 1:8 says, “…but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth”.
This passage of scripture begs the question, “Why not you?” We want you to Discover, Go, and Invest in missions work with the body of Christ. Please join us to learn more about upcoming trips and steps to prepare for our Missionary Journeys.
Learn More About Missions
2016 Mission Trips
Feb 29-March 13: Undisclosed Location; Evangelism and Service to the poor
17-22: Nicaragua; Evangelistic Ministry (High School Ministry)
SPRING BREAK March 19-27
April 27-May 4: Moscow, Russia; Pastoral Training
14-20: Dominican Republic; Medical Clinic Opportunities
7-14: Norwich, Connecticut; Community Evangelism Outreach
OBC VBS June 20-24
25-July 2: Germany; Soccer Camps, Discipleship, and Repairs
1-11: Taipei, Taiwan; Vacation Bible School in the Public School System
7-16: Oradea, Romania, VBS and Discipleship Training
13-20: Montreal, Canada; Evangelistic Art Camp
16-22: Antigua, Guatemala; Love on children in a Malnutrition Center while sharing the Gospel
20-31: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Discipleship Training/ESL Camp/Apologetics
21-27: Ogden, Utah; Park Outreach (Single’s Ministry)
July 29-Aug. 8: Ghana, Africa; Bible School in the villages
TBA: Ridgecrest, North Carolina; Ridge Volunteer Mission Trip (Mature Adults)
4-11: Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
2016 Random Acts of Kindness
Take the challenge this year and be on mission with your family. Choose 1 or 2 activities each month to live on mission for God. If people ask why you are loving on them tell them. While you are out serving, loving, and sharing take some pictures and post to Facebook (tag @olivebaptist and hashtag #atolive). We would love to celebrate what God is doing in your life! Bring in pictures of kindness in action every 3 months for a special gift from Chick-Fil-A for completion! (limit 1 per family)
• Take the money you would normally spend on eating out or drinking coffee and donate it to missions.
• Put together some Ziploc bags for the homeless to give out as you are driving through town.
• Choose a Saturday and pick up trash or clean some of the landscaping at Olive Baptist Church.
• Find someone from a different culture and ask about where they are from.
• Clean up your local park or school.
• Pick a country that Olive sends teams on mission and learn about the culture (i.e./language, food, land, homes, etc.).
• Make some cookies and give your mailman a gift.
• Have a foreign food night as a family (i.e./ Taco Tuesdays, Fruity Fridays, or Seaweed Saturday).
• Invite someone from your school, neighborhood, or work to Church. • Pray for our missionary partners.
• Find a family in need and buy extra school supplies to give them for the new school year.
• Take a cooler of water and pass it out for free on the beach.